At the top of the pandemic, Chesapeake Home Health Care acted promptly in response to the global crisis. As the virus and guidelines associated with the COVID- 19 continually changes, we are committed to improving our response with every new development.
- Chesapeake Home Health Care made schedules and payroll information accessible via its software. Axxess.com. Instructions were texted and emailed to the nurses.
- Chesapeake Home Health Care utilizes an external drop box for documents submission.
- CHHC limits visitation to new nurse hires and skills assessments for current nurses, which are conducted by appointment only. (PPE must be worn.)
- All visitors must have their temperatures checked and sign a COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Release of Claims.
- Chesapeake Home Health Care sent out a Mandatory COVID-19 Coronavirus In-Service to its clinical staff.
- Chesapeake Home Health Care informed nurses to use heightened universal infection control precautions.
TRAVELLING DURING THE PANDEMIC:
- Chesapeake Home Health Care implemented the 14-day isolate period for nurses who travelled and/or requested time off during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, as suggested by the Center for Disease Control.
- Nurses, clients, and internal employees alike must inform CHHC of ALL travel plans outside Maryland, Virginia, or DC. Until COVID restrictions have been lifted by Maryland State.
- Self-isolate for 14 days after returning home. You will not be allowed to work without having COVID results sent to CHHC directly from clinic.
- You must be tested and submit negative test results before returning to work.
IF YOU HAVE COLD OR FLU SYMPTOMS:
- Chesapeake Home Health Care also instructed each of its health care workers to contact the office if they felt sick or the onset of illness, to be removed from the case until they can provide negative test results.
- We also ask that you notify the agency, IMMEDIATELY, of any flu-like symptoms in your household and/or if you need to be self-quarantined. In the event, you do need to implement a self-quarantine, we will have to cancel nursing services to prevent the further spread of the disease.
IF YOU RECEIVE POSITIVE TEST RESULTS:
- Nurses, clients, and internal employees alike are to self-isolate for 7 days after symptoms end.
- CHHC requires client homes be sanitized daily.
- Nurses, clients, and internal employees alike must be tested and submit negative test results before returning to work.
- CHHC nurses must be cleared by agency staff prior to returning to work.
We encourage Chesapeake families and nurses to keep abreast on new developments on the Coronavirus and follow the guidelines of the World Health Organization and the CDC, as well as federal and state measurements.
Governor Larry Hogan announced in his Roadmap to Recovery the expansion of COVID-19 Testing, opening hundreds of testing sites around Maryland. Here are some Testing Sites retrieved from Maryland.gov. Some restrictions may apply.
Express Healthcare 8500 Annapolis Rd., Ste. 200, New Carrollton, MD 20784 301-345-7800
Hamilton Medical Associates 1100 Mercantile Lane, Suite 136, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774 443-550-4448
Amazing Healthcare Clinic 6801 Kenilworth Ave., Suite 300-S2, Riverdale, MD 20737 301-798-5583
MedStar Hyattsville Urgent Care 6401 America Blvd. #200, Hyattsville, MD 20782 301-276-8800
For more locations, please visit: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/symptoms-testing
Maryland is distributing COVID-19 vaccinations to priority groups based on relative risk of exposure or developing serious illness. Please check with your preferred site for more details.
Vaccinations are available through hospitals, local health departments, pharmacies, and mass vaccination sites. If you are eligible to receive a vaccine, contact providers as indicated to schedule your appointment. Vaccinations are appointment-only. Read More at: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
University of MD – Capital Region Health Prince George’s Medical Center 3001 Hospital Drive, Cheverly, MD 20785
Prince George’s County Health Department. 1701 McCormick Drive, Suite 200 Largo, MD 20774
Giant Food Largo 10480 Campus Way South Largo MD 20774 301 – 336 – 9428
Giant Food Hyattsville 3521 East West Highway Hyattsville MD 20782 301 – 853 – 3701
Giant Food District Heights 5500 Silver Hill District Heights MD 20747 301 – 817 – 3181
Giant Food Silver Spring 1280 East West Highway Silver Spring MD 20910 301 – 565 – 0575
For more locations, please visit: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov